Early Custom Builds

 These are the custom ship builds I used in my second play-through. These are not necessarily optimized builds, but the way I like to start waves. I recommend getting to tier 1000 before starting waves.






















I don't recommend farming with this build or any ship with only one chunk purchased, unless you are really bored with farming wave 1 over and over. Even then, any build with one chunk is not going to be amazing. I really like using speed chunks, as they are easy to path and make farming RC much faster. The chunk that gives a 5% chance for RC is also a good option starting out, but is not as good late into waves and does not usually give as many mods.






















Added another speed chunk, which added 6 mods spaces. You'll quickly see that stacking square AOE is one of the fastest ways to clear waves. If you stack 10 of them, you'll hit the whole width of the blocks. Doing more damage will eventually be very important, but for now the tier damage mod will give you plenty.






















You guessed it! Another speed chunk. To take full advantage of the speed chunks, you'll need some bullet speed and lifetime. Some additional damage and bullets are really nice at this point as well. The cost of speed chunks starts to get a little prohibitive, so it's entirely up to you whether or not you want to save up that much.






















Finally reached that magic number of 10 square AOE. Going through waves quickly will now be a breeze, but the build still lacks a lot of damage. If you are watching the game while playing waves, it'll likely be better to exit out before your max wave. Keep in mind that this does cost 1 RC.






















Finally getting some damage now! As much as I would like to keep adding speed chunks, it is not only sub-optimal, but impossible to utilize more of them without buying other chunks first. I like the 30% extra time chunk, both for the space and its effect. If I forget about the game, it'll push a lot further with this new chunk. If you are set on farming RC as fast as possible, the 10% chance to skip wave chunk and 15% wave skip chunk are likely better than the 30% extra time chunk. Make sure you will be able to fit whatever chunk you buy into your build before you buy it!

Comments

  1. I appreciate the time you put into the guides. Thanks for laying it out! I'm alot further along than this, and although I wish I'd seen it sooner (expensive block prices) It's helping me even in the late game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what I was looking for.

    Thanks a lot 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a minor tweak in the top right corner of your build by shifting the westward heading lane to the bottom and the returning lane to the top. This allows me to make use of the crossing damage. My build is stupid at this point.. I haven't seen a block in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I refund somehow bought tiles? Your build is way better then mine 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, and no need to refund the chunks are so cheap...
      also the build can be even better ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ship Builds

Meta Paths